Parking enforcement amounts to an extortion racket. It makes you guess how long you might need instead of enabling you to pay on departure. How many penalty tickets have been issued because we needed longer than we thought, and returned late? How many people curtail their shopping or social occasions through fear of a penalty ticket? How much stress is caused and town centre commerce damaged by parking controls? How many gallons of fuel and man-hours are wasted, and tons of pollution dumped, as people drive round searching for somewhere to park? Misappropriated money is then misspent on expanding the anti-social system.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links