“Speeders” all – Harriet Harman, Stephen Fry, Martin Cassini, Chris Huhne (and you?) – tarred with the same brush for driving according to context rather than driving by numbers. Were we involved in accidents? No. But we crossed a line painted by a regulator. The virtuous element of the regulation cause is doomed because the lowest common denominator driver is beyond the law anyway. The revenue-raising cause is a vicious circle embracing a widening gap between Them (the traffic authorities) and Us (the citizen crim). If ever there was a fabricated crime, “jaywalking” is it, but “speeding” comes a close second. What about the number of times we drive below the limit – do we get any credit for that? As if.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links