There are plans to reduce speed limits in towns and on rural roads. Like traffic lights, speed limits would be redundant if the rules of the road were based on equality instead of priority, if roads were designed to express a social context, if the onus were on the motorist to beware pedestrians, and if we had a driving test and highway code that embraced these essential reforms. Life is about infinite variables. Speed limits are rigid. Instead of driving by numbers, we should drive according to to context.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links