Economist Thomas Piketty, “is in no doubt,” writes Will Hutton, “that rising wealth inequality imperils the very future of capitalism. He has proved it.” As I keep saying, inequality on the road endangers life, and has been doing so for nearly a century. Commissioning editors in the Press and BBC, however, as well as most traffic officials and Westminster politicians, think it’s of no interest that the annual peacetime casualty toll of 25,000, many of them children, is due to a fatal flaw in policy and practice. Of no interest to them either is the evidence from Portishead and Poynton (see Media) that equality is the solution to our problems on the road. Do you have to write a book for people to take note?
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links