A letter in today’s Telegraph says pedestrian safety is more important than traffic flow, and longer green time is the only way to improve pedestrian safety. No. Equality is a panacea: with equal rights and responsibilities, road-users coexist as equals. In the intrinsically safe framework created by equality (as distinct from the intrinsically dangerous framework produced by priority), pedestrians no longer go in fear. Free of artificial obstructions in the form of traffic lights, drivers relax. Traffic flows more naturally, and at sociable speeds.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links