Is my work done? With the announcement that the DfT is planning to introduce a new hierarchy of road-users (which I’ve proposed for years, and briefed four Roads Ministers on), with vulnerable users at the top, and the mightiest at the bottom, maybe it is. Then again, maybe it isn’t. The new hierarchy only seems to apply at junctions. There is nothing about equality or merge-in-turn for all traffic at all junctions (and along streets for that matter); nothing about scrapping most traffic lights, those weapons of mass distraction, danger and delay. And I’ve yet to hear anything about reforming the driving test, or the state-sponsored extortion racket otherwise known as speeding control.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links