Following email correspondence in which I proposed pedestrian priority for Minehead, I had a meeting on 7 September 2022 with LibDem county councillor for transport, Mike Rigby. He played devil’s advocate, but I discussed objections, and followed up with further info, e.g. no liability for Councils if they switch off traffic lights. He said I’d made contact at an opportune time, because he has a budget of £6m to renew Somerset’s traffic lights – which would be a classic case of pouring good money after bad. Its county town, Taunton, would win turkey awards for its barrage of 24hr traffic lights causing congestion, needless delay and added air pollution. It’s weeks since our meeting and I haven’t heard back from him yet. We could be taking action now – come on, Mike!
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links