If I know one thing, it’s that human nature is simiar the world over. Those who claim that live-and-let-live on the roads will only work in “courteous” countries know nothing. In France and Belgium where I spent time recently, the willingness of drivers in towns to give way to pedestrians, as in England, is in inverse proportion to the existence of traffic controls. If drivers have a green light, they threaten to run you down. If there are no lights, they give way. It beats me how the traffic control system survives in the teeth of such universal evidence of its own failings.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links