What does HS2 have in common with the congestion charge? It will cost the earth, and it’s being imposed before traffic reform has even been tried. Cars are uniquely convenient, allowing us to visit multiple destinations at times of our choosing. They are getting greener all the time. Poynton shows that sociable design which enables low-speed filtering, cuts congestion and makes roads safe. Despite the evidence, traffic authorities continue to throw good money after bad on systems of counterproductive control, and government backs infrastructure projects that do nothing for outlying regions or the man in the street.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links