In banking and consumer affairs, regulation may be necessary, because self-interest is driven by profit. On the roads, regulation is counterproductive. Why? Because self-interest = the common interest. My interest in not hitting you mirrors your interest in not hitting me. My rulebook would consist of just two rules. Drive on the left, and take it more or less in turns.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links