As mentioned elsewhere, traffic authorities refer to a driver who disobeys a red light as a red light jumper (RLJ). But what if you proceed carefully, after checking there is no conflicting traffic? In the eyes of the authorities, you’re still an RLJ. Doh. It’s only crossing at speed that is dangerous – the speeds encouraged by priority and signals! Should traffic lights be banned on the grounds that they encourage inappropriate speed and take our eyes off the road?
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links