Useful corrective piece by Zoe Williams about pedestrians, and the failure of the authorities to highlight or address the danger they face. She is right to be angry, but as with most commentators. she misses the root cause of our road safety problems. I disagree with her checklist of measures to make roads safe for cyclists, but agree with her general thrust that until roads are fit for people on foot, they’ll be fit for no-one. “… Cyclists want nothing more radical than safe roads”. Road policy supports “motor hegemony [which] we senselessly accept.” As I often put it, the biggest indictment of the current system is it puts the onus on children to beware motorists when it could and should be the other way round.
- Manslaughter charges at last? - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on Admission
- OK, Really, What About The Roads? on Priority
- The unbearable crassness of agreeing - Equality StreetsEquality Streets on War on Britain’s Roads
- Accidents at Traffic Lights – Lets End The Madness | StrikeEngine – Car Tuning on Four Thought – correction
- Albert Slawson on Contact and links